Have you come across a zero turn mower and you are wondering what is a zero turn mower? A zero turn mower is an all-in-one machine that combines the features of a riding lawnmower with those of a walk-behind push mower.
It allows users to cut their grass faster and more efficiently than ever before while also giving them the ability to maneuver around trees, rocks, and other obstacles in their yard without having to get off the machine. This makes it perfect for anyone who wants to save time on yard work or has limited mobility.
Depending on how fast you want your lawn cut, you can easily adjust your speed from 1 mph up to 9 mph.
The controls are located right at your fingertips, so you don’t have to take your hands off of them when turning corners or making tight turns in small spaces like between flower beds and trees. With this type of control, there’s no job too big or too small for these machines.
Plus, they come with many safety features such as seat belts and blade stops that make using one just as safe as driving any car down the road today.
- Benefits of Using a Zero Turn Mower
- 1. Saving Time and Money Through a More Efficient Cut
- 2. Convenience Through Easy Navigation
- 3. Comfortable Riding
- How to Choose the Right Zero Turn Mower for Your Needs
- Tips for Maintaining Your Zero Turn Mower
- FAQs- What is a Zero Turn Mower
- What Can You Do with a Zero Turn Mower?
- What Size Zero Turn Should I Purchase?
- How Fast Can You Mow with a Zero Turn?
Benefits of Using a Zero Turn Mower
1. Saving Time and Money Through a More Efficient Cut
No more back and forth with the mower. A zero turn allows you to get right up on your flower beds or into that tight corner next to the house without having to back up constantly. It’s an all-in-one machine that does everything for you, so you don’t have to.
These machines are all about convenience. It allows you to quickly turn around in your yard, regardless of how large or small it is, without having to lift the blades out of the grass or manually move it back and forth.
Thanks to the rugged floating deck and high-quality suspension system, you can also run over patio stones and rocks.
Also read: How effective are zero turn mowers on hills
3. Comfortable Riding
Unlike a walk-behind mower, you get the added comfort of being able to sit on a zero turn while cutting your lawn. This allows you to get a little rest while mowing and reduces fatigue, which is perfect for the end of the day when your legs and back are feeling most tired.
And with the high-back seat and padded armrests, you can stay in position while mowing without having to worry about getting uncomfortable.
In addition, zero turn mowers can help you:
- Save time and money by covering more ground in less time
- Spend your free time on other projects instead of working in the yard
- Increase mobility by creating a better way to get around obstacles like trees, rocks, etc
Also read: Top-rated ride-on mowers for striping
How to Choose the Right Zero Turn Mower for Your Needs
There are several things to consider before choosing the right zero turn lawnmower for your needs:
- Size of the area you need to cut. This will ultimately determine which machine to purchase as larger machines can cover more ground in less time, and smaller ones are great for closer, easier cuts.
- The toughness of your terrain. Making a purchase based on how tough it is to mow will help keep your machine running smoothly for as long as possible.
- Your budget. Like with cars, not everyone can afford a $10,000 mower, and some people don’t want to spend that much money on their lawnmower either. This is why there are a wide range of prices on products so you can find the best zero turn for you within your budget.
- Your yard’s layout. Taking into account how your yard is laid out will help a lot when it comes time to make a purchase decision. If you have a large, open property, a bigger machine will be best, while if you have several obstacles in the way of your mower and lawn, something with a tighter turning radius might be more appropriate.
- Your time investment. Some people are looking for quick mowing to finish the task, while others are looking for something that helps them save time and avoid making multiple trips back and forth across their lawn. That’s why you find machines of all shapes, sizes, speeds, etc., so people can get the best.
Also read: Universal Grass bagger for zero turn mowers
Tips for Maintaining Your Zero Turn Mower
There are some simple ways to maintain your zero turn mower and help keep it running smoothly, efficiently, and for as long as possible:
- Regular blade sharpening. This is the most important part of maintaining your machine; if your blades aren’t sharp, you will not cut grass very well or not at all. That’s why we recommend sharpening your blades every couple of weeks during the mowing season.
- Regular oil changes
- Cleaning/sweeping underneath the deck after each use
- Regularly clean or replace your air filter
- Keep the deck free of objects like branches, rocks, and debris
Also read: Recommended jacks for riding mower
FAQs- What is a Zero Turn Mower
What Can You Do with a Zero Turn Mower?
Zero turn lawnmowers are great for quickly mowing large areas, making it easier to get finished with your yard work faster. If you need to mow a lot of grass in a short amount of time, this is the best tool for the job!
Also read: How to install grass catcher to mower
What Size Zero Turn Should I Purchase?
This depends on the size of your property and how much grass you need to mow in a short amount of time. If you have a large area to get through or try to mow in less time, we recommend the larger machines.
If you only have a small amount of grass to mow and don’t want to spend a lot of time going back and forth across your property, we recommend a smaller one.
How Fast Can You Mow with a Zero Turn?
The speed of your machine will depend on what size mower you have and the model itself. Larger machines are typically faster than smaller ones, but most can mow at least 3mph.
If you are in the market for a new lawn mower, you may want to consider investing in a zero turn mower. Zero turn mowers offer many benefits over other types of lawn mowers and make your yard work much easier.
We hope this article has helped you learn more about zero turn mowers and that you will consider investing in one for your yard.