The demand for thermal curtains has never been higher than it is today. Homeowners and renters alike are looking for ways to reduce their energy bills and to cut the amount of unwanted noise seeping into their homes.
Also, privacy and security concerns have made the need for curtains-either thermal or otherwise-eclipsed by a new call for protection and privacy. Thermal curtains and blinds are the most effective methods for controlling unwanted light and heat while providing privacy and security for your home.
But while some people pay a hefty sum to cover their windows, they may not go through the same expense to cover their patio doors with thermal curtains. So, if you’re a renter looking for a simple and inexpensive way to cut heating and cooling costs or protect your privacy and security from prying eyes, consider investing in the best thermal curtains for patio door.
Here are some of the most quality thermal curtains for patio doors available in the market today.
- Best Thermal Curtains for Patio Door
- 1. Sun Zero Barrow Extra-Wide Energy Efficient Sliding Patio Door Curtain
- 2. RHF Wide Thermal Blackout Patio Door Curtain Panel
- 3. RYB HOME Blackout Door Curtain
- Features To Look Out For When Choosing Thermal Curtains for Patio Door
- 1. Size
- 2. Material used to make the Curtains
- 3. Are the Curtains Thermal?
- 4. Can the Thermal Curtain be Left Open?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What Do I need to Install Thermal Curtains?
- Does Everyone Need Thermal Curtains?
- Does my Need for Thermal Curtains Apply Only During Winter?
Best Thermal Curtains for Patio Door
1. Sun Zero Barrow Extra-Wide Energy Efficient Sliding Patio Door Curtain
This patio door thermal curtain from Sun Zero is a must-have for anyone looking to save on their energy bills. This thermal curtain fits perfectly on standard patio doors and is made from 100% polyester that comes with a layer of insulation in between for maximum heat insulation.
The curtain is extra-wide and measures 100″ long by 84″ wide. This thermal curtain prevents cold air from coming in as it blocks hot air from leaving your home. It also features a Room Darkening technology that helps block light while allowing your home to get enough natural light, making it perfect for homes with rooms that get lots of natural light.
During winter, the Sun Zero Barrow thermal curtain fabric will keep the warmth in, and in summer, it allows cool air in and deflects hot air. It can also deflect noise by 42% and has high privacy and insulation.
This curtain is easy to install and remove as it features a pull wand for easy installation and removal of the curtain from your patio doors. It also has UV protection, mildew resistance, and abrasion resistance, making it perfect for outdoor use. The curtain is much easier to clean than other curtains because you can hand-wash or machine wash using the gentle cycle. You can find it available in multiple colors such as dark brown, black, gray, stone, redwood, and hunter green.
- The curtain comes with a pull wand that makes it easy to install and remove from your patio doors.
- The curtain comes with a heat-insulating layer to prevent heat from escaping from the home.
- The curtain has a room-darkening feature that blocks light while allowing for enough natural light into your home.
- It is effortless to clean because you can wash by hand or with a machine.
- The curtain features UV protection, mildew resistance, and abrasion resistance, making it perfect for outdoor use.
- Pricey compared to other patio door thermal curtains
- It does not come with a hanging rod. So, you have to buy one individually.
2. RHF Wide Thermal Blackout Patio Door Curtain Panel
The RHF Wide Thermal Blackout Patio Door Curtain is perfect for anyone looking for quality yet inexpensive at the same time. The thermal blackout curtains are made from 100% polyester fabric that prevents cold air from entering your home, keeping your home from feeling cold in winter and hot in summer.
This patio door curtain is easy to install as you only need to insert the pull cord inside your patio door to make it operational. You can insert the pull cord through the grommet holes or attach it to the curtain rod.
The thermal blackout curtains by RHF are designed to pay off quickly. With this curtain, one curtain is wide enough to fit all standard patio doors as it measures 100 inches long by 84 inches wide. The polyester fabric is lined with a layer of heat-insulating material for maximum heat insulation.
This thermal curtain by RHF is perfect for both indoor and outdoor use. It features high privacy and insulation that allows you to control the amount of light that enters your home while protecting it from unwanted intruders.
- The thermal blackout curtains are very easy to install.
- They are affordable.
- It features high privacy and insulation to protect your home from unwanted intruders while allowing for proper natural lighting or outside views.
- It is perfect for both indoor and outdoor use.
- The curtains, when installed, can block your view of the sky and the sun.
- The thermal blackout curtains do not come with a hanging rod, so you will have to buy one separately.
3. RYB HOME Blackout Door Curtain
The RYB Home Blackout Door Curtain is perfect for anyone looking for a simple yet quality curtain that provides privacy and security without having to spend a lot of money.
The thermal blackout curtains by RYB are made from a triple wave material that prevents cold air from entering your home, preventing your home from feeling cold in winter and hot in summer.
The fabric can block out 80 to 90% light. The curtain is very easy to install as you only need to insert the pull cord inside your patio door to make it operational. You can also choose to hang the curtain using the attached hanging rod.
This patio door curtain is available in various colors and measures 26 inches long by 69 inches wide. The thermal blackout curtain is designed to be used for all standard patio doors. It has an elegant design that pairs well with most patio doors regardless of your home’s design or color theme.
- The curtain is affordable even when compared to other thermal blackout curtains.
- It features high privacy and insulation that protects your home from unwanted intruders while allowing for proper natural lighting or outside views.
- It is very simple to install, whether you want to use a hanging rod or insert the pull cord through the grommet holes for easier installation.
- The curtain does not come with a hanging rod, so you will have to buy one separately.
- The curtain is not as durable as other curtains.
Features To Look Out For When Choosing Thermal Curtains for Patio Door
Thermal curtains are one of the most effective solutions to both protect your privacy and cut heating costs.
The fact that thermal curtains can block out unwanted light, heat, noise, and other unwanted indoor disturbances make them an ideal choice for any space that undergoes extensive use throughout the day.
Here are some of the things you need to consider when choosing the best thermal curtains for your patio doors:
One of the most important considerations to make is what size curtains you need for your patio doors. It is always better to measure windows or doors before heading out to purchase curtains to ensure that you get the right fit for your space.
If you are buying thermal curtains off the internet, following the measurement guidelines outlined in the product description is important.
2. Material used to make the Curtains
The material used to make curtains should effectively block out unwanted light and heat while also allowing cooling air into your home. One great material for thermal curtains is 100% polyester as it provides privacy, provides cooling air into your home, and does not require ironing or dry cleaning.
3. Are the Curtains Thermal?
This is also an important consideration to make. Thermal curtains are better at blocking out unwanted light, heat, noise, and other unwanted distractions.
When you select thermal curtains for your patio door, it will be easy to have a rest without being disturbed by sunlight. Thermal curtains are also perfect for the hot season as they help prevent heat loss during the nighttime while preventing your patio from feeling too warm during the day.
4. Can the Thermal Curtain be Left Open?
If you want to use your curtains as a decorative piece, purchase thermal curtains that allow you to leave the curtains completely open, allowing for natural lighting or views outside. This is especially important if you want to make sure that you can enjoy the view outside with no obstruction.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Do I need to Install Thermal Curtains?
To install thermal curtains for your patio door, you need to ensure that the curtain comes with grommet holes. It will allow you to insert a pull cord or hanging rod through it.
Installing thermal curtains is very easy as all you need to do is tie the pull cord on both ends of the curtain and then lower it down your patio door.
Does Everyone Need Thermal Curtains?
Thermal curtains are perfect for anyone looking to block unwanted heat, light, noise, and other unwanted distractions. This is especially important for people who want to have a rest or sleep while others are awake.
If you have ever wanted to rest while the sun is still up or stay in your home without being disturbed by the noise coming from outside, thermal curtains are the best solution for you.
Does my Need for Thermal Curtains Apply Only During Winter?
Thermal curtains are perfect for use throughout all seasons and can be installed on sliding glass doors.
Thermal curtains help block out unwanted light, heat, noise, and other distractions to provide your home with privacy and comfort.
If you want to block out sunlight or any unwanted sounds during the day or if you want to make sure that you can stay in your patio door even when others are awake, best thermal curtains for patio door are the solution for you.
It is important to consider the size of the curtain that will match the size of your patio door to make sure that you get the right thermal curtains for your home.