Did you know patio doors can be secured to deter unpermitted intrusion? Protecting your patio against intruders is a vital priority. This can be achieved through the integration of patio door security bars. Within the post, we will peruse the best patio door security bar.
You never know when intruders may target your patio; thus, make a smart decision and protect your valuables in your outdoor space.
Let’s dive in and look at some of the best patio door security bars.
- Best Patio Door Security Bar
- 1. Master Lock 265D Door Security Bar
- 2. Ideal Security Sliding Patio Door Security Bar with Child-Proof Lock
- 3. SecurityMan 2 in 1 Door Security Bar & Sliding Door Security Bar
- 4. Amazon Basics Patio Door Security Bar
- Factors to Consider When Looking for the Best Patio Door Security Bar
- 1. Product Strength
- 2. Cost
- 3. Quality of Design Materials
- 4. Length
- 5. Base Type
- Alternative Precautionary Measures to Enhance Patio Security
- 1. Add an alarm sensor
- 2. Add window film
- 3. Install a security camera
- 4. Get a deadbolt lock
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Force Should an Ideal Patio Door Security Bar Withstand?
- How Do I Make My Sliding Patio Door More Secure?
- How are Security Bars Installed on the Sliding Patio Door?
- Do I Need Security Bars if I Have Good Door Locks?
Best Patio Door Security Bar
1. Master Lock 265D Door Security Bar
The heavy-duty master lock security bar prevents forced entry on patio doors as it integrates a versatile and multi-purpose design. Its dual function construction promotes reliable performance.
The Master lock security bar is an excellent door jammer that fits most patio doors and sliding doors. It is designed with compactness for easier storability and portability.
The product is made with heavy-duty 20 gauge steel. It integrates a pivoting ball joint to ensure the bar has full contact for a secure fit. The padded base provides a strong grip without scratching.
The security bar amalgamates excellent adjustability. It adjusts from 70cm to 1.1m to fit sliding patio doors. The bar length is adjusted using the release button.
The number of size options allows patio owners to find a variation suitable for their preferences. Thus, it is a perfect choice for fulfilling multiple purposes around the house.
- Material: Alloy steel
- Power source: Wireless
- Adjustment size: 70cm to 1.12 m.
- It stops intrusion without issue
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Fits multiple door styles
- Versatile, sizable adjustability
- Portable compact design
- It doesn’t offer sturdy grip on wood floors that well
Master lock security bar provides solid security for patio doors.
2. Ideal Security Sliding Patio Door Security Bar with Child-Proof Lock
The extendable sliding door security bar with a childproof anti-lift lock deters burglary within the patio spaces. The sliding door lock is flexible enough to slide and adjust between 25.75 to 47.5 inches.
The security bar is made of strong aluminum.
The sliding security bar allows the door to partially open while being secured. It comes with a convenient design that keeps the door stopper swinging up when not in use.
It offers more reliable protection because the patio door security bar and saddle are screwed into the frame. The patio door lock mounts at the middle level of the door.
- Material: Aluminum/ Plastic
- Installation method: Pressure mounted
- Components: Saddle, Child-proof anti-lift lock, mounting hardware
- Adjusting size: 25.75 – 47.5 inches
- Easy to install
- Easy adjusting
- Compact and lightweight
- Adds safety and doesn’t damage floors
- Unproven to withstand a huge amount of force
3. SecurityMan 2 in 1 Door Security Bar & Sliding Door Security Bar
If you need multiple door bars, look no further as the SecurityMan’s 2 in 1 security bar provides ample security within your patio. It features a door stopper security bar and sliding door jammer to improve house security at ease.
The 2-in-1 security bars are designed to work on both patio and hinged doors. It operates by simply interchanging the caps. The bars can be adjusted between 22.25” to 43.7”.
They are made with grade Iron material to provide high-quality protection. The material integrates solid force resistance and can handle 350 pounds of force without breaking a sweat.
The security bars feature angled rubber bottom that assures a strong grip on most floor types without scratching them. It offers a sizable amount of versatility.
How do you hide extension cord on patio
- Integrates kick proof materials to withstand 350 pounds of force
- Easy to set up and remove
- Protects the floors from scratching via angled rubber bottom
- Suitable for patio doors
- Slips a bit on carpeted floors
4. Amazon Basics Patio Door Security Bar
The Amazon Basics patio door security bar is an ideal product suitable for protecting patio doors.
It comes with a sizable adjustment range flexible from 25” to 47”. Adjustability attributes allow the security bar to work with sliding glass patio doors.
The security bar is made with heavy-duty aluminum alloy material. The aluminum has rust-resistant properties for durability. Black color variation looks well-constructed and stylish for most patios.
Also read: Does a patio increase property taxes
- Adjustment range: 25” to 47”
- Material: Aluminum alloy
- Finish Type: Powder coated
- Stylish design
- Durable, rust-resistant aluminum alloy construction
- Offer-top tier protection
- Flexible adjustment range
- Bulky to move into tight, cramped spaces
Upon installation, the bulkiness aids in more reliable protection.
Also read: Merits and demerits of detached patio homes
Factors to Consider When Looking for the Best Patio Door Security Bar
1. Product Strength
Patio intrusion and burglary are mainly carried out by kicking down doors. A high-quality security bar should be able to withstand strong kick force.
Various security bars differ in terms of cost ranges. Some are relatively cheap, while others are more expensive. High-quality and effective security bars go for around $50.
Filling large gaps between flagstones
3. Quality of Design Materials
Steel and aluminum door security bars are highly reliable, solid, and offer excellent resistance.
Steel bars are denser and cheaper, whereas aluminum bars are lighter and incorporate rust-resistant attributes for long life. Plastic and iron security bars are not suitable for patio doors.
Patio door security bars are long enough to fit under doorknobs while firmly covering the floor surface. For oddly tall doors and sliding glass doors, measure the bar length accurately to fit them properly.
5. Base Type
Evaluate the base suitable for your patio door security bar. The bases options include;
- Screw-in bases: They are strong and permanent additions to sliding glass patio doors. The bases are a bit challenging to install.
- Double-sided tape bases: The bases use double-sided tape instead of screws. They are easy to install with weaker and temporary installation attributes.
- Pressure mounted bases: They are popular base installations because of their convenience. They operate under pressure to stay still and stop a forced entry. The bases are not installed onto the patio door frame hence offering weaker attributes.
Deter birds from nesting on your porch lights
Alternative Precautionary Measures to Enhance Patio Security
1. Add an alarm sensor
Alarm sensors are tied to a home security system. The entry sensors offer easy protection upon intrusion.
The alarm systems are attached to the door frame to monitor open/close motions. When the door is forced, the alarm sounds to alert you or the monitoring center.
2. Add window film
Applying window film on sliding glass doors deters intruders and minimizes smashing abilities. It entails the use of polyethylene coating to keep the shattered glass from smashing easily.
3. Install a security camera
It’s a top-notch solution that intruders aren’t likely to mess with. They are an expensive investment, difficult to install, and require specialized monitoring.
Also read: How patio door lock mechanism works
4. Get a deadbolt lock
It is ideal to get a door with a lock that isn’t accessible from the outside. Installing a high-quality and durable deadbolt to the patio door setup provides more security.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Force Should an Ideal Patio Door Security Bar Withstand?
Be it a sliding or hinged lock bar, the security bar should withstand over 500 pounds of force.
How Do I Make My Sliding Patio Door More Secure?
Integrate a sliding door lock in your sliding patio door for a stronger and secure opening. Sliding door locks are installed at the top of your door, usually where the sliding glass door and the stationery glass meet.
How are Security Bars Installed on the Sliding Patio Door?
Varying security bars are installed differently. Some have a bracket drilled into the wall door frame, while others are locked into the floor. The bar is placed within the brackets to keep the door in a locked position.
Do I Need Security Bars if I Have Good Door Locks?
Security bars act as a simple way of securing your existing lock. Door security bars guarantee minimal intrusion as the only people who can bypass your lock are permitted by you.
Secure outdoor plugs from rain
Follow the guide to find the best door security bar that meets your preference.
Keep your patio door closed and locked as the first line of defense.