Would you like to give your patio a vacuum treatment? It’s imperative to have an outdoor vacuum if you want to keep your patio fresh and clean.
Within the post, we will highlight some of the best outdoor patio vacuum. It is ideal to allocate a vacuum machine for outside cleaning rather than using your indoor vacuum outdoors.
In the modern world, mowing the lawn and raking leaves are some of the old-school practices that have been overtaken by better and simple techniques such as vacuuming patio areas. Since patios are primarily out of sight, they are left out while cleaning indoor spaces.
Thus, it is imperative to ease the outdoor cleaning process by incorporating an outdoor vacuum for your patio.
Outdoor patio vacuums are designed differently from indoor vacuums to accommodate toughness and debris materials.
- Commonly Available Types of Patio Vacuums
- 1. Wet/dry shop vacuums
- 2. Convertible vacuums
- Best Outdoor Patio Vacuum Reviews
- 1. Sun Joe SBJ603E 13-Amp 3-in-1 Electric Blower/Mulcher/Vacuum
- 2. WORX WG512 12-amp Electric Leaf Blower/Mulcher/Yard Vacuum
- 3. Greenworks 40V (185 MPH) Brushless Cordless Blower / Vacuum
- 4. Vacmaster 4 Gallon, 5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vacuum.
- Considerations to Make When Purchasing Outdoor Vacuum for Your Patio
- 1. Size
- 2. Wet/Dry
- 3. Power source
- 4. Convertible
- Frequently Asked Questions : Outdoor Vacuum for Patios
- 1. What is an outdoor vacuum cleaner?
- 2. What is the best outdoor vacuum for the patio?
- 3. Can I use an indoor vacuum to clean the outdoor patio?
- 4. Are blowers good vacuums?
- 5. How is a regular vacuum different from wet/dry vacuum?
Commonly Available Types of Patio Vacuums
1. Wet/dry shop vacuums
They are vacuum devices suited for hardscape, a patio area that isn’t overwhelmed by leaves and colossal debris matter. They are not ideal for interior usage.
2. Convertible vacuums
They are vacuum models that are suitable for larger jobs with larger pieces of debris. Convertible vacuums are ideal if you don’t have a spacious tool shed.
Best Outdoor Patio Vacuum Reviews
Cleaning and clearing your patio doesn’t have to take all afternoon. Integrate some of the vacuum devices mentioned within the page for a spotless deck.
Without further ado, below are some of the best outdoor patio vacuum for all budget and lawn sizes.
1. Sun Joe SBJ603E 13-Amp 3-in-1 Electric Blower/Mulcher/Vacuum
Did you know this impressive Sun Joe 3-in-1 vacuum device can reach speed levels of up to 250 mph? The tool can clear leaves fast enough, all thanks to the speed settings. In addition, you can convert the vacuum to a blower or mulcher with a quick flip of a switch.
Its removable parts and compartments make it easy to jump from one patio cleaning to another. The vacuum device can shred leaves in a reduction ratio of 16:1. Sun Joe 3-in 1 is ideal for a medium-sized patio or medium-duty cleaning.
Sun Joe 3-in-1 vacuum cleaner integrates a 12-gallon collection bag that ensures you don’t have to make multiple trips to the yard debris bin when cleaning. The device comes with a corded power source that is easy to operate with an extension cord.
Features and specifications
- Integrates 3 in one design, i.e., vacuum, blower, and mulcher
- A powerful 14-amp motor that generates high airflow
- High-impact resistant impeller
- Easy to operate
- Highly durable
- Convertible to allow easy cleaning and vacuuming of different types of debris and dust
- Requires a steady power flow
2. WORX WG512 12-amp Electric Leaf Blower/Mulcher/Yard Vacuum
WORX device can quickly transform from a leaf blower to a vacuum with a mulcher. The WORX vacuum tool is a lightweight machine that can be operated with just one hand. It integrates a vacuum bag for easy dumping of debris.
It has two-speed compartments to allow slow movements around the corner and faster activities in open and large patio spaces. It comes with a corded electric power source.
Features and specifications
- Can operate with a speed of up to 70 miles per hour
- Has 12-inch electrical cord with a retainer
- It comes with a proprietary dial design that allows conversion.
- Metal mulcher that shreds and chops leaves down to a 16:1 mulch ratio.
- Detachable 1.4 Bushel collection bag
- Ergonomic design that eases operations
- Convertible from blower to mulcher or vacuum.
- Switching back and forth from blower to suction is not as simple flipping a switch
Also read: how to cover cracked concrete patio cheaply
3. Greenworks 40V (185 MPH) Brushless Cordless Blower / Vacuum
This model of vacuum is ideal for patio areas. It features a brushless motor that operates without making too much noise. The device is recommendable because it doesn’t release any emissions.
The vacuum device serves you well, especially in areas that frequently experience winter or fall climatic conditions.
Greenworks 40v vacuum integrates a lightweight body that can speed up to reach 185 mph. It has a comfy grip handle that eases the cleaning process. In addition, the device comes with a 4Ah battery and charger; thus, making it portable around big patio spaces.
The Green Works outdoor vacuum cleaner clears both debris and sticks with optimized performance. It is powered by a twelve amp motor and comes with a four-year warranty.
Features and specifications
- Variable speed dial with turbo button. Offers six-speed selections.
- Cushioned over-mold grip
- Brushless motor that provides more power
- Superior muchling performance
- Up to 21 minutes run-time on high in blower mode
- Convertible from blower to vacuum
- 40v 4Ah Lithium-ion battery with a charge time of up to 120 minutes
- Highly durable
- Robust and optimized vacuum and muchling performance.
- It’s a bit noisy
4. Vacmaster 4 Gallon, 5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vacuum.
Vacmaster wet/dry vacuum is a perfect solution to keeping a relatively large patio deck spotless all year-round. The device operates on a two-stage motor, hence making cleaning easy and relatively quiet.
It has accessory storage that keeps all the attachments organized while vacuuming. Vacmaster vacuum can easily convert into a handheld blower. It is excellent for clearing off whatever is cluttering your patio.
It entails compartments like dry and wet filters, utility and car nozzles, extension wands, blower adapter and diffuser, and a 7-inch foot hose. There is also an extra drain for quickly unloading any liquids cleaned from flooded patio areas.
Features and specifications
- Rear caddy for optimized tool storage space
- 18ft cord with automatic rewind and 1.5 inches by 7ft hose; allows cleaning reach of up to 25ft
- Quad-wheeled balanced for easy movement and portability
- Influential 5 peak HP motor and 4 Gallon rugged polypropylene tank
- Integrated onboard accessory and hose storage
- Portable and has wheels for easy maneuverability
- Wet/dry vacuum cleaning elements
- Doesn’t quite deliver the vacuum power
Considerations to Make When Purchasing Outdoor Vacuum for Your Patio
Patio spaces that accumulate debris require vacuum equipment that doesn’t need to be emptied while cleaning. The carrying capacity is crucial as it allows cleaning in a more extensive area at once.
These types of vacuum models are ideal for outdoor cleaning. They are designed with a limitation to HEPA filtration. Wet/dry vacuums have electrical components and motors separately placed to ensure wet debris doesn’t damage the device’s interior.
Also read: How do you fix rough concrete patio?
3. Power source
Vacuum devices are designed to integrate varying power options ranging from corded electric models, gas-powered models, and rechargeable battery models.
Battery-operated outdoor vacuum enhances the freedom to move around freely and untethered, but they are less powerful and require frequent charging. Battery-operated vacuums come with plug chargers for prior charging of the device.
Vacuum models entailing electric cords may limit the cleaning distance; thus, ensuring the threads are long enough and can easily be plugged into an extension cord. On the other hand, gas-powered vacuums are powerful but noisy and produce exhaust fumes with odor.
Also read: Pros and cons of cluster homes
Modern technology allows the crafting of vacuum devices that can be converted with just a flip of a switch. A convertible vacuum allows easy storage of the equipment in your tool shed.
Convertible vacuum devices offer you two ways to go about clearing your patio area.
Also read: Best way to clean large porch screens
Frequently Asked Questions : Outdoor Vacuum for Patios
1. What is an outdoor vacuum cleaner?
These are auto mechanics designed to work with high-speed follower and powered by an electric motor to enhance cleaning tasks.
They are explicitly created to tidy up fallen leaves, dirt, and other waste without the danger of damages. The device suctions dirt in a bag as filtration takes place.
See also: How do you get rust off a stone patio?
2. What is the best outdoor vacuum for the patio?
The efficiency of a patio vacuum depends on your patio. Outdoor tasks dealing with debris such as fallen leaves or wet debris are better suited to options such as convertible blower vacuums, wet/dry vacuum, or shop vacs.
A dry outdoor patio might get by with an indoor vacuum.
Also read: Restore powder-coated aluminum outdoor furniture?
3. Can I use an indoor vacuum to clean the outdoor patio?
An indoor vacuum can be used to clean the dry and enclosed patio. But, if you are dealing with debris materials like wet leaves, it is vital to integrate a vacuum specifically designed for the outdoors.
4. Are blowers good vacuums?
Some models of wet/ dry shop vacuums offer a feature where they can be converted into blowers. They are ideal for light-duty, grass clippings, and dry leaves.
Blowers’ filtration is minimal. Thus they can disperse dust into the air.
5. How is a regular vacuum different from wet/dry vacuum?
Different vacuum models are designed for various purposes. Wet/dry vacuums are canister-style vacuums without motorized brush heads and don’t offer HEPA filtration.
Wet/dry vacuums have motor, and electrical parts kept separate from the airflow. Regular vacuums are easily destroyed by the demands and debris found outside.
When purchasing an outdoor vacuum, it is crucial to consider features for overall safety, efficiency, and effective cleanup.
It is ideal to select a durable piece of equipment for long-term efficiency. Each vacuum device works better with a particular residue; thus, identify the main form of refuse outside your patio and pick a vacuum that works best.