Are you looking for an air conditioner that will efficiently serve you on your patio? The portable air conditioners work well in private and enclosed spaces where you are likely to spend time relaxing.
These units have certain features that make them particularly suitable for outdoor areas like patios, decks, or household lawns.
The best outdoor air conditioner for patio has ice and water tanks that facilitate easier evaporation and cooling over time. The best air conditioners also have fans and blowers that provide a steady flow of cooling air into the areas you direct it to.
- Our 4 Best Outdoor Air Conditioner for Patio
- 1. Black+Decker Air Conditioner
- 2. Hessaire MC37M Portable Evaporative Cooler
- 3. Lasco High-Velocity Air Conditioner
- 4. Aivant Portable Evaporative Conditioner
- Features to Consider When Choosing an Air Conditioner for Patio
- 1. The Capacity of the Room
- 2. Energy Efficiency
- 3. Air Quality
- 4. Price
- 5. Installation and Maintenance
- FAQ’s on Outdoor Air Conditioner for Patio Reviews
- 1. What Size of Air Conditioner Do I Need?
- 2. What Type of System Should I Buy?
Our 4 Best Outdoor Air Conditioner for Patio
If you are looking for an outdoor air conditioner for your patio, you are in the right place. This review focuses on the best portable air conditioner appliances and reviews of the best outdoor air-conditioner appliances.
1. Black+Decker Air Conditioner
Topping our best outdoor air conditioner for patio roundup is Black+ Decker air conditioner. It features a portable A/C heater combo unit dual compact air conditioner and heater.
The dual compact air conditioner and heater will keep you cool and comfortable during the summer and winter seasons.
Besides this, the air conditioner has provided steady and fast cooling and heating for rooms up to 350 sq. ft. This feature makes it the best air conditioner and heater for the patio.
Also, it is easy to use and clean. Black+ Decker conditioner has a simple remote control that is mounted on the LED display. The remote control allows you to control air temperature to your specifications.
In addition to this, it is easy to clean the filter, you just have to slide the filter and rinse it thoroughly under running water, and put it back.
Another outstanding feature of the Black+ Decker conditioner is the 4-in-1 functionality. They include the COOL, FAN, HEAT, DEHUMIDIFY settings that meet all your home cooling, heating, and ventilation needs.
- It has an energy-saving design. The 24 hour ON/OFF timer prevents energy loss.
- It has a remote control. The remote control allows you to control air temperature to your specifications.
- Installation instructions are a bit hard to understand. Quite a number of people have to read them a couple of times to understand
- It is heavy; it weighs 68.3 pounds, unsuitable for carrying around.
2. Hessaire MC37M Portable Evaporative Cooler
The Hessaire evaporative cooler features 3-sided high-density cooling pads for increased evaporative surface area for generating cooler air.
Besides this, it has a manual and continuous fill. You can attach a hosepipe to the float adaptor to utilize the continuous fill option.
Attaching the hose pipe is better than manually filling the water pipe.
Also, it has 3 simple rotary controls that allow the fan (off, Hi, Med, Low) Pump (on, off), and oscillation motor (on, off) to be controlled independently.
This feature makes the operation of the Hessaire cooler easy and it is also simple to maintain.
- The Hessaire evaporative cooler weighs only 40 pounds making it easy to move around your patio.
- It has an air swing delivery system which moves air right and left across the room to ensure even distribution of air.
- It has a mechanical control panel. This feature allows you to adjust the speed of the fan between low, medium, and high. It also allows you to switch the pump on to saturate the internal cooling media.
- It also provides a powerful airflow of about 3100 CFM to your area.
- The Hessaire evaporative cooler has a unique palm grill design.
- The air conditioner has a cup holder which is a great resting place for drinks.
The machine is mechanical hence you have to do most of the work in adjusting the air conditioner to your specifications.
Top rated patio umbrella for windy areas
3. Lasco High-Velocity Air Conditioner
Lasco high-velocity fan is also a suitable recommendation when choosing an air conditioner for a patio.
It features a high-velocity air stream, which is enhanced by 3 fan speeds that deliver an air of approximately 341 CFMs.
This feature makes it best for use in the hottest spaces in the house and exhausting stuffy air.
Besides this, it is a real space saver, it easily fits in small spaces where air circulation is needed. Also, it is easy to use as it comes fully assembled and ready for work.
In addition to that, it has manual controls that make it easy to adjust the air velocity for the project at hand.
Lasco Pivot-pro also comes with a circuit breaker and reset button, 3-prong plug, and patented blue plug safety fuse technology which makes it a safe choice for a cooling breeze.
Remedy for tipping patio heaters
- It saves up on space. With an 11.3 by 14.5 footprint, and 14.5 inches tall, the Lasco pivot pro can fit into most spaces.
- It is easily portable. Lasco pivot pro weighs only 13.2 pounds hence can be easily moved.
- It produces loud knocking noise while in use.
4. Aivant Portable Evaporative Conditioner
Aivant air conditioner is also among the top choices you should consider when buying an air conditioner for a patio.
It features an Auto Oscillation which oscillates 45 or 180-degree intervals and cools your surrounding air evenly.
Besides this, it has three Airflow and cooling levels. There are three different levels for wind speeds and misting levels. You can also add water or ice cubes on top for a better cold breeze.
Also, the Aivant air conditioner is simple to use. It has an easy to control button, you just have to fill the water tank and press the ON button to start.
Aivant Portable Conditioner is also rechargeable. It has an in-built 5000 mah battery that lasts up to 9 hours after a full charge.
It also has a USB cable that enables you to place it anywhere that you would like.
Also: Wrought iron outdoor furniture for windy areas
- It is light in weight and has a hidden handle which helps you carry it around easily.
- It is convenient for small spaces.
- Due to its small size, it is not convenient for cooling large places. It’s more of a personal fan.
Features to Consider When Choosing an Air Conditioner for Patio
Once you decide to equip your patio with an air conditioner, you may find choosing the suitable one challenging, bearing in mind that they have different attributes and qualities.
Below are the features you should consider.
1. The Capacity of the Room
The size of the patio determines the size of the air conditioner that you want to buy. For instance, if the size of your patio is small, you may consider going for the Aivant air conditioner or the Lasco air conditioner.
If the patio is large you should consider going for a bigger air conditioner like Hessaire or Black+ Decker.
2. Energy Efficiency
Before you buy an air conditioner, make sure there is a star for energy efficiency on it. The more the number of stars, the more efficient the air conditioner is.
An Air conditioner with a high energy efficiency uses less power and thus helps in lowering energy bills. The Hessaire, Aivant, Lasco, and Black+Decker air conditioners are energy efficient.
Also read: How does a patio misting system work?
3. Air Quality
An AC with a good filter is vital in improving the air quality of your house. It should be capable of removing dirt and germs from the air and also smoke and odors.
You should also look for an air conditioner with a good dehumidification unit. Air conditioners with good dehumidifiers provide you with better cooling and comfort.
After making a proper comparison on factors such as performance, customer review, after-sales feedback you should also consider the price of the air conditioner.
You should go for an AC from a well-established brand with all the necessary features and a reasonable price.
Also read: Recommended ceiling fan size for outdoor patio
5. Installation and Maintenance
The performance of an air conditioner depends on its installation. If you install it wrongly, it can harm the efficiency of the air conditioner as well as the components of the AC.
Also, you should confirm the frequency of maintenance required for the system, to keep the AC working efficiently.
When the AC is properly installed and regularly maintained. It increases its lifespan.
FAQ’s on Outdoor Air Conditioner for Patio Reviews
1. What Size of Air Conditioner Do I Need?
All homes and families are different therefore they have different needs and requirements.
The size and number of patios will determine how powerful an air conditioner needs to be to perform effectively.
2. What Type of System Should I Buy?
If you are looking for a whole patio comfort solution and have a sufficient ceiling system a ducted air conditioning system is more suitable.
Otherwise, you should consult a professional to give you advice on the suitable air conditioner for your patio.
Patio air conditioners are one of the best ways to spend your time with friends without worrying about the hot summer heat. Hopefully, this outdoor air conditioner review will help you narrow down your options.
Although these air conditioners are not created equal, you cannot go wrong picking any from the above list.