Television can be a great way to relax and unwind after a long day. There are several great indoor TVs for outdoor use for those who want a lot of outdoor living without the hassle.
This article features the best indoor TV for covered patio. It also discusses features such as connectivity and picture quality, which will help you determine which option is best for your setup.
- Best Indoor TV for Covered Patio Review
- 1. SAMSUNG 55-inch Class QLED The Terrace Outdoor TV
- 2. TCL 55-inch 6-Series 4K UHD Dolby Vision HDR QLED Roku Smart TV
- 3. SAMSUNG 55-Inch Class QLED Q60A Series
- 4. INSIGNIA NS-65DF710NA21 65-inch Smart 4K UHD
- 1. What’s the difference between an indoor TV and an outdoor TV?
- 2. What is the best TV for an outdoor space?
- 3. How can I get the most out of my TV?
- Features to Look Out for When Choosing Perfect TV for Outdoor use
- 1. Size
- 2. Technology
- 3. Smart TV
- 4. Budget
Best Indoor TV for Covered Patio Review
1. SAMSUNG 55-inch Class QLED The Terrace Outdoor TV
The SAMSUNG Terrace Outdoor TV is a home entertainment system with a built-in wireless camera. It features QLED technology that gives it the clearest picture available for outdoor coverage, providing up to 100 percent more contrast for greater detail.
The Terrace also has 4K ULTRA high-definition resolution, an enhanced color technology that enhances color performance by 30 percent to produce true-to-life images of stunning quality. It comes in a 55-inch model, perfect for a covered patio space.
The TV also comes with extras such as BlueTooth capabilities and the Smart View app that allows you to use your smartphone remotely. The SAMSUNG Terrace Outdoor TV is great for patios that don’t get direct sunlight or even shady areas where you want to add some light into the room.
With these features, you can turn your patio into a bright and inviting space.
- A 55-inch screen provides a great size for a covered patio
- 4K ULTRA high definition provides detailed pictures for use as a larger TV.
- The High-quality QLED screen helps the screen remain bright and clear during the day
- Built-in Alexa to enable you to use voice control to change the channels hands-free.
- You can mount the TV on the wall, so you don’t have to worry about it being knocked over or moved around by strong winds if people are outside.
- It is weather resistant with an IP55 rating that helps to protect the screen from the elements.
- It doesn’t come with an integrated camera, so you will have to purchase it separately if you want to use it as a security camera.
- It is a little expensive but worth it for your outdoor space.
2. TCL 55-inch 6-Series 4K UHD Dolby Vision HDR QLED Roku Smart TV
The TCL 6-Series is an excellent outdoor TV with an integrated Roku smart interface.
The TV also includes a 4K Ultra HD screen with some Dolby Vision HDR technology elements, making the picture more crisp, clear, and detailed than any other screen. It provides the best quality picture available on the market for indoor or outdoor TVs.
This TV also includes Roku’s smart streaming technology, which allows you to access thousands of different channels that entertain. The screen is THX certified to be a gaming TV offering the best gaming experience that you would not find on any other TV.
You can use the TCL 2017 Roku TV to watch movies, shows, sports, and more. It takes little effort to set up, with simple instructions guiding you through connecting the TV to the internet. Once you do so, you’ll be able to find tons of channels that will keep you entertained for hours on end.
It also has an easy-to-use interface that is easy for anyone in your house to use. The TCL 6-Series is an excellent choice for your covered patio or any other outdoor space where you want some extra entertainment.
- A 55-inch screen provides a good size for an outdoor space
- Dolby Vision HDR technology makes the picture crisper and clearer than any other type of screen available.
- The Smart View app allows you to use streaming technology from your phone to adjust the TV’s settings without checking on the TV itself.
- It has the most apps of any TV on the market right now, making it great for an outdoor space. Perfect for covering your patio.
- It is THX Certified to be used in gaming areas with the best gaming experience available.
- Easy to install and connect to your internet with simple instructions included when purchased
- It’s more expensive than other TVs on the market – but for a good reason. The quality of the TV will be hard to match.
3. SAMSUNG 55-Inch Class QLED Q60A Series
Built with Quantum Dot technology, this Samsung 55-inch TV has the clearest picture available for indoor or outdoor use. It will provide details that are more clear than you’ve ever seen before, making it perfect for your covered patio.
The Samsung Q60A is also THX certified, which means it is the best choice for gaming spaces since it provides the best visual experience available on the market today.
The Q60A also comes with an Alexa built-in functionality. You can use your voice to turn the TV on or off, adjust the volume, and even change channels. It makes it easy to keep track of your remote, and you don’t have to worry about losing it on the covered patio.
- The 55-inch screen provides an impressive size for your covered patio space.
- Provides stunning clarity with Quantum Dot technology making it perfect for watching movies or keeping up with sports.
- It is THX certified to provide the best gaming experience available.
- A built-in voice assistant, Alexa, to control the TV with your voice provides a hands-free method for controlling your TV.
- The picture is best in darker spaces, so if you plan on watching TV during the day, you may need to upgrade your lighting.
See also: Anchoring gazebo to a paver patio
4. INSIGNIA NS-65DF710NA21 65-inch Smart 4K UHD
The Insignia NS-65DF710NA21 65-inch TV is a 4K UHD television with Alexa built-in.
It has all the features you need to keep up with your favorite shows and movies and is even equipped with Google Assistant. You can use your voice to turn the TV on or off, change the channel, and adjust the volume.
It has a sleek design that is both stylish and eye-catching. It has a compact design that will work perfectly for covering your covered patio or any other outdoor space.
Get to enjoy endless entertainment with access to more than 500 streaming TV series and movies from Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, HBO, and other entertainment platforms.
- The 4K UHD screen provides extra details that you can’t get anywhere else.
- It comes with all of the features you need to keep up with your favorite shows and movies.
- Built-in Alexa will enable you to use voice control to change the channels hands-free.
- Easy to set up and connects quickly to your network.
- Attractive design brings style and class to any outdoor space, perfect for your covered patio or other outdoor space.
- If you want to use it as a gaming system, you need to get the gaming package added separately.
- The sound quality is average, so if you’re looking for a great way to listen to music or watch movies with crisp sounds, the Insignia 65-inch TV may not be the best choice for you.
1. What’s the difference between an indoor TV and an outdoor TV?
An indoor TV is made for a living room, den, bedroom, or other indoor space. Their design aims to protect them from dust, moisture, and other things that may be in your space.
Outdoor TVs are made for use on a covered patio, deck, and other outdoor areas.
Because there is no protection outside this type of TV, it’s more likely to get scratched or damaged during travel or installation.
2. What is the best TV for an outdoor space?
If you are looking for an outdoor TV, you will want to make sure your model meets the requirements for outdoor use.
This means that it is water-resistant, has a lifespan of at least 5 years, and works with an outdoor speaker system.
3. How can I get the most out of my TV?
We recommend taking the time to research what features your TV provides.
Viewing options such as 3D, HDR, and 4K will give you a better picture and will let you enjoy content in all of its glory.
You may also want to consider getting a soundbar or other sound system linked to some models.
Features to Look Out for When Choosing Perfect TV for Outdoor use
When choosing the best indoor TV for your covered patio, you need to consider a few key things.
What is the overall space you have available to you? Is it a backyard, screened-in porch, or covered patio space?
You will want to use this space to your advantage by finding an indoor TV that has perfect features for the way you want to use it.
If you have a smaller space, a 32-inch TV may be a better option for you than a 55-inch TV. It will save you extra room and will also be an affordable choice.
If your covered patio or other outdoor space is quite large, a 55-inch or larger TV will provide the entertainment you want while using less space to install it in.
Also read: How do you attach a patio roof to a house?
While you can find TVs that offer basic and advanced technology, it is the advanced technology that will give you the best viewing experience for your indoor space.
You may need to research to figure out which one has the best features for your needs. It may take a little extra time, but it’s worth it when you get to watch TV on a great screen.
Certain indoor TV models come with features such as Alexa built-in, Google Assistant built-in, and voice control capabilities that connect directly to Netflix and other entertainment platforms.
You will find some models with built-in speakers so you can experience a great sound quality and others that have speakers built into the TV or monitor.
3. Smart TV
Smart TV technology allows you to access streaming services directly from your TV. It means you can find the exact show or movie you are looking for with just a click of your remote. You can also use voice control to turn it on or off, and it will even beep and vibrate when the commercials come on.
Also read: Patio slabs moving slightly
It’s important to know what you can afford when looking to buy an indoor TV. While you should always get the very best, realize that your budget may also play a part in your ultimate decision.
Be sure to do your research, so you know what other customers think about their TV purchase and which models are the best bang for your buck. You will then be able to make an informed decision that will fit your needs without overspending.
Also read: Should a patio be level with grass?
When choosing the best indoor TV for covered patio, it all depends on what you are looking for.
If you want an affordable option that provides basic features, choose the TCL 55-inch 6-Series.
If you are looking for a more high-end option that comes with plenty of features, including a 4K UHD and built-in Alexa, you will want to choose the SAMSUNG Terrace Outdoor TV.